Curious about derby? Want to see if it is for you? Join us to get your questions answered, try on some skates, and give roller derby a whirl! We have a series of events for prospective skaters to get acquainted with our league before our pre-season training starts in January.
- Wednesday, November 6th
- 7-8pm @ the Town Square Tavern
- Pint Night and Informational Meeting: Get your questions about derby, meet our team, have a beer, sign up for a practice, and get a sense of what playing roller derby in Jackson is all about!
FRESH MEAT PRACTICES:
- You’ll sign up for one of the following practices at Pint Night (can’t make it? email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for a practice):
- Sunday, November 10th, 11am-1pm
- Wednesday, November 13th, 6:30-8:30pm
- Sunday, November 17th, 11am-1pm
- ALL practices take place at the Kelly Elementary School Gym
What to bring to practice:
- Dress in gym clothes and tennis shoes. Generally shorts or running tights are best so that they don’t get in the way of knee pads. We’ll have skates, pads and helmets for you to use.
- You MUST have your own mouthguard. You can purchase one at Sports Authority for about $10.
- Required paperwork (we’ll let you know what you need)
- Water bottle
QUESTIONS? Email email@example.com. See you there!